Food AND Medicine’s Worker Center of Eastern Maine held a press conference to speak out about how LR 2787 would how injured workers.
Thanks to those who made the press conference possible:
• Mark Richards, Dean Harding and Loren Snow, Workers’ Comp recipients who did a great job speaking about their experiences
• Rev. Mark Doty who gave a hard hitting moral judgement on our position!
• Matt Schlobohm- for supplying so much great information.
- Bangor Daily News story on press conference: bangordailynews.com/2012/04/09/news/bangor/group-rallies-in-brewer-against-workers-compensation-cap/
- Bangor Daily News op-ed by Food AND Medicine Director Jack McKay: http://bangordailynews.com/2012/04/09/opinion/contributors/workers-compensation-change-no-help-to-hurt-workers/
- CBS Channel 5 (WABI) TV spot: http://www.wabi.tv/news/29158/proposal-to-revamp-workers-comp-system-in-maine-sparks-debate
- NBC Channel 2 (WLBZ) TV spot: http://www.wlbz2.com/news/article/196873/3/Potential-changes-in-workers-compensation
- ABC/Fox Channels 5 & 7 (WVII) TV spot: http://www.wvii.com/stories.html?sku=20120409114612
WERU Community Radio and Cumulus Radio (they do about 4 stations) covered the event as well.