2017 Upcoming events and actions:
- 4/8 Legislative Breakfast – 8-10 AM at the Solidarity Center, Brewer. Home-cooked, local food breakfast included; $5 suggested donation. Annual partnership with Eastern Maine Labor Council.
- 4/29 House Party – Hear from community leaders involved in Food AND Medicine’s programs and eat delicious food! This is a fundraising event, details TBA.
- 4/29 Week of the Young Child Fair – 2:30-4 PM at Bangor Public Library Story Room. Supervised kids’ activities and discussion about creating affordable child care for all.
- 4/22 Earth Day Event – 12-2 PM at Pickering Square, Bangor. Family activities, food and celebration of public transportation! A partnership with Power in Community Alliances and Amalgamated Transit Union #714.
- 5/9 FLIA Convening – 5:30-8 PM Location TBA. Potluck dinner, updates from all issue teams.
- 9/4 Labor Day Event – 4-7 PM at the Solidarity Center, Brewer. Food, live music and compelling speakers. $5 suggested donation. Annual partnership with Eastern Maine Labor Council.
- 11/14-11/21 Solidarity Harvest Sort Week – 7 AM – 6 PM at the Solidarity Center, Brewer. Fun volunteer event to help sort produce and assemble over 1300 Thanksgiving meal baskets.
- Food AND Medicine Board – last Monday of Feb, April, July, Aug, Oct and Dec., 6:30 at the Solidarity Center
- Eastern Maine Labor Council – first Monday, 6:30 at the Solidarity Center
- Food Access Committee – 2nd Thursday , 11 AM -1 PM at the Solidarity Center
- Transportation for All – 1st / 3rd Thursdays, 9-11 AM at Hammond Street Congregational Church
- Child Care Team and Jobs Team – times/dates vary, call for details
Dates/times may change, and other events will likely be added. Get the latest event details from our Facebook page and emails. Transportation and child care is available upon request for most events; call us for details.